Avoid The Monsters
A downloadable game for Windows and macOS
A puzzle-RPG where you need to get to the end of the level by upgrading your gear as much as possible before tackling the monsters.
Controls: left-mouse to move / attack / pick up. Scroll-wheel to zoom.
- The objective of this game is to find an optimal sequence of actions to get to the end of the level.
- In general, you want to avoid attacking monsters for as long as you can, and focus on getting powerups (attack and defense) as early as you can. With powerups, the damage you take from enemies reduces significantly, which makes you last longer. Enemies that were once fatal become easy.
- Attacking an enemy means exchanging blows (where your defense reduces his attack and vice versa), until someone dies. You always have initiative.
- You can use colored keys to open corresponding doors or magic books, choose wisely.
- Magic books have a random action, usually good, sometimes bad. Magic books are best used when you have keys to spare, and you're either very desperate or doing very well.
- Stand in front of a monster to see the range of total damage it can do to you if you attack it, to see their general stats (health/attack/defense), and to be able to use spells on them.
- If you fail at a level, you'll find that choosing a different path next time, getting to powerups even just one turn earlier can turn the tide. There is a small element of randomness to attacks, and a lucky draw of a magic book can also change things significantly.
- Once you are able to defeat the final monster the game ends, be sure to kill additional monsters if you want a high score (at your own risk!).
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $2.99 USD. You will get access to the following files: